Saturday, October 22, 2011

paranormal activity - the saturday supplemental

Lights, Camera, Scream

Of all of the holidays that exist, from St. Patrick's Day, to the 4th of July, to Easter, to Christmas, to Passover, to Ramadan, to every other holiday there is, the most important one of all is Halloween, in my opinion. Unlike any other day of the year, it's the only day when you can scare, or be scared, for fun. It's different and unique, and ever since I was a kid, I've always put Halloween first.... except for the one St. Patrick's Day when I first turned 21... then, that was a tie.

That being said, I will be going to see Paranormal Activity 3 this weekend to start getting into the Halloween spirit. It looks positively frightening... and to prove it, here's the trailer. Note, when the two girls start doing the "Bloody Mary" thing in the bathroom -- I suggest you watch with care, because after you see this, you may not want to look into a mirror for at least a few days. It's bonechilling...


Did you see that?! Did you see that?!?!? I cannot wait to go to this movie. I've always been a fan of horror films, and the Paranormal Activity series has just gotten better and better with each installment. The first one was eerie, the second one was terrifying, and this one, based on what a coworker said to me after he saw it, is a heart-pounding, sweat-inducing scream machine.

In addition to PA, PA2, and PA3 and in honor of the greatest holiday EVER, I've compiled my very own, Casey-recommended, must-watch list of Halloween movies for everyone to check out this year. 13 of them, of course ;)

Enjoy watching them! Though, just a bit of advice: If the killer calls you on the telephone, that means he's already inside your home. Start running. Now.

1.) Rob Zombie's Halloween & Halloween II remakes (OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!)
2.) Nightmare on Elm St. (1, 2, Freddy's Comin' for You.........)
3.) Drag Me To Hell (Campy Fun)
4.) The Shining ("Come Play With Us....")
5.) 1408 (You'll start to go mad right along with John Cusack)
6.) Interview With The Vampire (Classic, Classic.....)
7.) Hocus Pocus (The Only Good Movie Disney Ever Made)
8.) The Loved Ones (I strongly oppose Xavier Samuel getting tortured. He's my No. 1)
9.) Audition (I'm still opposed to Torture after seeing this)
10.) Insidious (WTF!)
12.) Jennifer's Body (Campy Fun, Plus Cannibalism)
13.) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original AND Remake. Don't Wuss Out)

Clip of the Week


Yes, yes, I know I stole this from E!, but here's your YouTube Clip of the Week. Love it. Embrace It. Appreciate it's zen-like quality. Funny Halloween pranks of people scaring the bejeezus out of their friends. Man, I could watch stuff like this all day. Watching people get scared is hysterically funny!




(Saturday Supplemental is a non-political segment for the weekends. I will also have a Sunday edition, because I don't believe in this whole "just because it's Sunday means everything is closed" stuff. Enjoy :] )

No comments:

Post a Comment