Saturday, October 22, 2011

it's always something - sunday bloody sunday

Weekends Are For Chumps, Anyway

I had hoped to post a review of Paranormal Activity 3 today, but unfortunately, for reasons beyond my control and that I kind of don't want to get into, my weekend plans were shot to hell. Actually, they were nuclear bombed. But here's a few lessons I've learned because of it: don't make plans unless you know you can make them happen, and racism sucks.

I'll probably go see it by myself sometime this week after work and I'll give you all a belated review. It might be the only treat I give myself, because at this point, my Halloween might be ruined, too, and I'll be spending my favorite holiday at home, in the most boring way possible.

Thanks, circumstance.

U.S. Foreign Policy and YOU!

With the death of a Libyan dictator, the death of Osama bin Laden, and the Arab spring, one wonders how all of these things will play in the 2012 presidential election. Regardless of whatever one can say about Barack Obama (and believe me, I can say plenty), you can't say that America hasn't been asleep at the foreign policy wheel. The world is changing rapidly around us, and for the first time in a while in some areas, for the better. Secretary of State and generally awesome person Hillary Clinton has had a lot to do with this. What the election, still wet behind its ears, hasn't ventured into yet is foreign policy, and I think that's a discussion worth having right along with the economy. I mean, come on, can you imagine Herman Cain, the Pizza Guy, as Commander in Chief, laying down the law to foreign dictators?

Me neither. Unless Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wanted extra pepperoni on his order.

No comments:

Post a Comment